The Floating De-Icer
Ice buildup in winter can cause lots of problems for boats, dock pilings, and boathouses as well as for fish and wildlife ponds. We offer this floating Scott Aerator De-Icer that comes from over 45 years of experience to develop a de-icer that is efficient, reliable and extremely durable in keeping surface areas free of damaging ice.
The Scott Aerator Floating De-Icer is designed to keep large water surface areas open in the winter. Suspended from a float approximately 2 feet below the water’s surface, it removes and prevents ice by bringing warmer water from the bottom and sending it out in a continuous agitated movement. The Floating De-Icer easily adjusts for variations in water levels, and its rugged engineering is perfect for both fresh and salt water.
Specifications and Sizes
- 5-year, unconditional warranty on motor.
- Oil-free, environmentally friendly motor means no oil leaks!
- Rugged, high-density polyurethane-and-stainless steel construction.
- 12-gauge, submersible, heavy-duty power cord with Hubbell marine plug included.
Top Quality From Scott Aerator’s Floating De-Icer
The Scott Aerator De-Icer
- Oil free, so there’s no chance for disastrous leaks.
- Runs at 3,450 RPMs.
- Moves 400 gallons of water per minute.
- Manufactured using American made stainless steel.
- 5 year unconditional motor warranty.
- Requires oil to be added and changed.
- Even utilizing a 1 HP motor, runs at fewer than 2,000 RPMs.
- Moves 180 gallons of water per minute.
- Utilizes galvanized metal.
- 2 year motor warranty.
Other De-Icer Options and Accessories
All Scott Aerator fountains, aerators, de-icers, muck-movers and sub-surface aerators are oil-free and require almost no maintenance. Proudly made in the USA.